We are looking for an Executive Assistant for the CEO to perform a variety of administrative tasks and provide executive, administrative, and business development support primarily to the CEO, the company’s board of directors, and the business team.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- CEO Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements, answering calls, and preparing various reports
- Act as the point of contact among directors, employees, clients, and other external partners
- Coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally
- Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the Board of Directors
- Communicates directly on behalf of the CEO with Board members and staff as needed
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Track daily tasks and expenses and prepare weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports
- Format information for internal and external communications – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- ▪ Organize and maintain the files and filing system for the CEO
- Assists in coordinating the agenda for the Board of Directors meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board Members, clients, and external partners
- Proficiency in Google apps, including Docs (word documents), Sheets (spreadsheets), and Slides (PowerPoint decks)
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Had previous experience using applications like Jira, Zoom, Skype, and Loom is preferred
Working Conditions and Confidentiality:
- Due to the confidentiality of the work, the functions of this position must not disclose confidential and sensitive information to internal colleagues and especially to external people.
- This is a part-time role for 10-20 hours a week, which covers mainly between 8:00 – 11:00 AM EST but has the flexibility to perform tasks at other times of the day depending on the tasks that need to get done. More working hours are optional as the role grows.
- Salary will commensurate with experience